The VOKLE Team
posted this on February 08, 2011 19:32
1. Standard Netcam. Consumer level USB netcams can be purchased from most electronics retailers. Many
laptops and Macbooks have built-in netcams. However, the quality tends to be minimal and somewhat
blurry, and they don’t provide much versatility in composing shots. Netcams also tend to display a wide
angle which results in a subtly warped, ﬁsh-eye appearance. As far as compositions, medium shots (where
the subject’s torso is visible in the shot) tend to look more professional, and less warped.
2. Built-in Microphone. At a minimum, most netcams have integrated microphones. Many new laptops and
Macbooks ship with built-in microphones as well. Unfortunately, these are not ideal microphones to use
since they tend to be omnidirectional and, as a result, pick up a lot of ambient noise in the room.
3. Standard Headphones/Earbuds. Any sound that emerges from the computer might be picked up by your
microphone, especially while taking live video calls. This results in an audio echo loop that should be
avoided. To limit this, ensure that all audio is outputted into standard headphones or earbuds via your
computer’s Line-Out jack.
1. Standard Netcam. See description above.
2. Microphone-Headset Combo. Most electronics retailers sell microphone-headset combos. These tend to
plug into either mini-jacks or the USB port on your computer. Since the proximity of the microphone is
directional, and positioned closer to the speakers mouth, the audio is cleaner, providing users with the
ability to broadcast from highly noisy areas. Unfortunately, these microphones tend to sound somewhat
stuffy. On the plus side, headsets are the most mobile setup, and extremely quick and easy to setup.
3. Directional Light Source. For greater production quality, lighting should always be considered. A primary
directional light source positioned at eye level will smooth out facial features, and provide a more
professional look. A simple desklamp with an adjustable neck can serve as a quick source of even, soft
lighting. Desklamps can cost $10+.
1. External Firewire/USB Video Camera. Many consumer level video cameras (USB or ﬁrewire) are
recognized by Adobe Flash. These camera provide superior picture quality, and can be positioned at a
greater distance from the subject to achieve a attractive medium shot. Tripods should be considered.
2. External, Prosumer Microphone. A prosumer or professional microphone will offer greater audio clarity
and dramatically improve the production quality of the entire event. These mics tend to have XLR inputs
and will require adapters from a electronics retailer that will convert the cable jack into 1/8 mini-jack for
general computer Line-In input.
3. Earbuds/Headphones. Any sound that emerges from the computer might be picked up by your
avoided. To limit this, ensure that all computer sound is outputted into standard headphones or earbuds
via your computer’s Line-Out jack. Many professional grade headphones will offer superior audio quality,
but might look bulky in appearance. For a more subtle look, consider earbuds for their compact, invisible
4. 2-Point Lighting. For greater production quality, lighting should always be considered. A primary key light
and ﬁll light positioned at eye level will smooth out facial features, and provide a more cinematic look.
Prosumer-level lighting kits are available at specialty camera stores and range upwards of $200.
1. Multiple Video Camera. For more elaborate events, you can setup multiple cameras for master, medium,
and close-up shots. These cameras will add an extremely professional edge to your event, mimicking the
production quality of a live television talk show.
2. Video Mixer. Vokle accepts only 1 video source at a time. If you desire to use multiple cameras, they will
need to be brought into a video mixer, which, in turn, will connect to a computer/Vokle. A crew member
may need to ,operate the mixer to cut to the appropriate camera during the event.
3. Professional Microphones. A professional microphone will offer the greatest audio clarity and
dramatically improve the production quality of the entire event. These mics tend to have XLR inputs and
will require adapters from a electronics retailer that will convert the cable jack into 1/8 mini-jack for
4. Audio Mixer. If you will be using multiple microphones for your event, you will need to connect them to
a simple audio mixer that will output to your computer’s Line-In port. Audio mixers range from $50+
(not incl. accessories, cables, and/or adapters).
5. Standard Headphones/Earbuds. Any sound that emerges from the computer might be picked up by your
computer’s Line-Out jack. If you have multiple guests on set, you may need to connect 1/8” jack splitter to
your computer’s Line-Out jack and headphones.
6. Professional 3-Point Lighting. For the highest production quality, professional 3-point lighting should be
considered (key, ﬁll, and backlight). Professional grade lighting kits are available at specialty camera stores
and range upwards of $1000+.
1. Internet Connection. The most important thing to consider in your broadcast is the internet connection.
Since Vokle is a live streaming site, it becomes crucial that you have a speedy broadband connection that
will not sputter during your broadcast. At a minimum, Vokle requires a download/upload speed of
300kbps. Direct ethernet connections are recommended. over WiFi if possible. To check the internet
speed of your broadcast location, go to http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/.
2. Location/Set. Your locations say a lot about your event! Beware of clutter in the background, and
consider the quality of light, acoustics, and set dressing. A simple minimalist approach can be powerful as
well (i.e. curtains, backdrops, or natural landscapes).
3. Secondary Monitor. If you want multiple individuals on set to view the broadcast with ease,, consider
outputting your DVI or VGA cables into a secondary monitor or HDTV for a premium viewing
Can you recommend a particular camera(s) to use with Vokle. I need to have someone actually using the zoom on the camera to get close up shots of the products/projects are are working with on the show.
It feels like a superior finish check out as well. I remarkably advise to this check out if you're about the market for a superb replica Panerai watch. Even though weâ??re apparent the innumerable top superior affluence watches getting awash today, still, few are as adorable as those fabricated by the aggregation of my replica watch collection Bell and Ross. Apart from the advantageous functionality they accept been accouterment for decades, they are aswell accepted for the different designs and chichi styles. The watches are fascinating, which now becomes the capital acumen why humans go for fake Replica Watches Bell and Ross.
These days technologies has advanced significantly further than our creativity to your extent of constructing a timepiece glance and function the same as a Swiss created check out. To put it in a very nutshell these are definitely sheer Swiss created replica watches. how good are chinese replica watches ? The term duplicate can be a word of modesty the website employs to express that while they give the impression of being just like the unique model, they aren't made because of the brand name.
Support Software by Zendesk