What if another user is cursing, impersonating or being rude?
The VOKLE Team
posted this on November 14, 2011 11:38
• Cursing: VOKLE allows free speech (which includes cursing) in events as long as they are not directed towards someone in a clearly harmful, cruel or degrading manner. If the use of crude language bothers you, remove yourself from the event.
• Flagging: If a user is trolling or spamming the chat, the event staff (Host, Cohosts, and Producers) has the ability to kick them out of the event. As an attendee you have the power to Flag them; if enough attendees do this, the event staff will see a warning label next to their name in the chat.
• Evidence: If someone is impersonating another person, trolling the chat, etc. simply telling us the name of the offender is not enough for the VOKLE team to contact this person regarding their conduct. If you would like to report someone, please supply the following information so that we can better address the problem:
- The date and time of the event, details about what the offender said or did, and a link to the event
- Screenshots of the offense in the chat (being sure to capture their actual words). On a Mac, click command + shift + 3, or read here on how to take a screenshot on a PC.
- Know that VOKLE will handle the situation as we see fit, and appreciates your concern. Please do not contact us unless you have this information, because we will be unable to act on hearsay. Thank you!